Make a post (public, friendslocked, filtered...whatever you're comfortable with) to your LJ. The post should contain your list of 10 holiday wishes. The wishes can be anything at all, from simple and fandom-related ("I'd love a Snape/Hermione icon that's just for me") to medium ("I wish for _____ on DVD") to really big ("All I want for Christmas is a new car/computer/house/TV.") The important thing is, make sure these wishes are things you really, truly want.
If you wish for real life things (not fics or icons), make sure you include some sort of contact info in your post, whether it's your address or just your email address where Santa (or one of his elves) could get in touch with you.
Also, make sure you post some version of these guidelines in your LJ, or link to this post (it'll be public) so that the holiday joy will spread.
Surf around your friendslist (or friendsfriends, or just random journals) to see who has posted their list. And now here's the important part:
If you see a wish you can grant, and it's in your heart to do so, make someone's wish come true. Sometimes someone's trash is another's treasure, and if you have a leather jacket you don't want or a gift certificate you won't use--or even know where you could get someone's dream purebred Basset Hound for free--do it.
You needn't spend money on these wishes unless you want to. The point isn't to put people out, it's to provide everyone a chance to be someone else's holiday elf--to spread the joy. Gifts can be made anonymously or not--it's your call.
There are no rules with this project, no guarantees, and no strings attached. Just...wish, and it might come true. Give, and you might receive. And you'll have the joy of knowing you made someone's holiday special.
1. anything off of my amazon wishlist
2. especially a copy on VHS of "Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead." cause i cant find it ANYWHERE.
3. a couple membership to the Denver Zoo for myself and the husband.
4. gilmore girls fic - Luke/Lorelai
5. Lost fic - Charlie/Claire and all cute and swoony.
6. copy of the Lost pilot, parts one and two, on VHS or DVD or whatever! i just cant download it, i dont have the room.
7. a new laptop battery for my Dell Inspiron 8000. mine is shot, and i can only use Humphrey when he is plugged in.
8. movie tickets to carmike or cinamark theaters
9. gift certificates - borders, amazon, maurices, gap, hot topic
10. pass this on, and do something nice for someone else.
11. new layout. Charlie/Claire or just Charlie or just Claire. layouts are a bit beyond me.
12. somebody please, if you want to make me insanely happy, take these caps and make a Rainbow Bright mood theme. just Rainbow. i looked through them, and i am making icons. "Rainbow Bright is PISSED." hee!
13. Lost mood theme. but not "happy" or "annoyed" and whatever. i want "drugged", "drowning", "bitchy", "pregnant", "craving". you know, something different and FUN!
there is a list of journals who are doing this posted here. please go and help someone out if you can.