- Make a post (public, friends locked, filtered...whatever you're comfortable with) to your LJ. The post should contain your list of 10 holiday wishes. The wishes can be anything at all, from simple and fandom-related ("I'd love a Snape/Hermione icon that's just for me") to medium ("I wish for _____ on DVD") to really big ("All I want for Christmas is a new car/computer/house/TV.") The important thing is, make sure these wishes are things you really, truly want.
- If you wish for real life things (not fics or icons), make sure you include some sort of contact info in your post, whether it's your address or just your email address where Santa (or one of his elves) could get in touch with you.
- Also, make sure you post some version of these guidelines in your LJ, or link to this post (it'll be public) so that the holiday joy will spread.
- Surf around your friends list (or friendsfriends, or just random journals) to see who has posted their list. And now here's the important part:
- If you see a wish you can grant, and it's in your heart to do so, make someone's wish come true. Sometimes someone's trash is another's treasure, and if you have a leather jacket you don't want or a gift certificate you won't use--or even know where you could get someone's dream purebred Basset Hound for free--do it.
You needn't spend money on these wishes unless you want to. The point isn't to put people out, it's to provide everyone a chance to be someone else's holiday elf--to spread the joy. Gifts can be made anonymously or not--it's your call.
There are no rules with this project, no guarantees, and no strings attached. Just...wish, and it might come true. Give, and you might receive. And you'll have the joy of knowing you made someone's holiday special.
1. icons made JUST FOR ME, fandom related or with cool quotes. I'm still heavy into Asian fandom, including Arashi and Yamapi, but Glee and Bones are high on my list as well. I love stock icons, too. I'm still looking for some really cool Halloween icons, for instance. I love icons, i have ridiculous amounts saved to my hard drive, so this is an easy way to make me happy.
2. FIIIIICCCCC. Fic is my very favorite thing on the planet. I love gen and het and slash in all kinds of fandoms. Rec me awesome things, too!
3. Vids! I always love to see vids! If you make them, awesome, but linking me to stuff that is in my interest areas is also awesome.
4. An apron. I desire an apron. Something cute, but not frilly or pink. I'm tired of being covered in flour when Im baking.
5. A cute cloth doll for Voldemort. I love the looks of the Waldorf dolls, but holy crap they are expensive. Id love a boy doll of whatever race - I just really would love one for him that is all cloth, including the head.
6. Some Holztiger animals for the kiddo. These are SO COOL.
7. Audiobooks - I require this to keep me from obsessing about whatever could happen/did happen at work on my 45 min drive to and from work everyday. I put them all on my mp3 player, so if you have any sitting around on your hard drive, i'd love them!
8. This is going to sound rather weird, but I would really really love some homemade vanilla. I can't find any vanilla bean around here, or I'd make it myself.
9. Music mixes - Im always up for new music, and I love fan mixes or just cool mixes.
10. Donate to charity. I love Smile Train, but any charity would be awesome. Or make someone else's wish come true through this meme. :)
If you've got a list, please link me! If you want my snail mail info, email me at alianoraATgmailDOTcom.