- Make a post (public, friends locked, filtered...whatever you're comfortable with) to your LJ. The post should contain your list of 10 holiday wishes. The wishes can be anything at all, from simple and fandom-related ("I'd love a Snape/Hermione icon that's just for me") to medium ("I wish for _____ on DVD") to really big ("All I want for Christmas is a new car/computer/house/TV.") The important thing is, make sure these wishes are things you really, truly want.
- If you wish for real life things (not fics or icons), make sure you include some sort of contact info in your post, whether it's your address or just your email address where Santa (or one of his elves) could get in touch with you.
- Also, make sure you post some version of these guidelines in your LJ, or link to this post (it'll be public) so that the holiday joy will spread.
- Surf around your friends list (or friendsfriends, or just random journals) to see who has posted their list. And now here's the important part:
- If you see a wish you can grant, and it's in your heart to do so, make someone's wish come true. Sometimes someone's trash is another's treasure, and if you have a leather jacket you don't want or a gift certificate you won't use--or even know where you could get someone's dream purebred Basset Hound for free--do it.
You needn't spend money on these wishes unless you want to. The point isn't to put people out, it's to provide everyone a chance to be someone else's holiday elf--to spread the joy. Gifts can be made anonymously or not--it's your call.
There are no rules with this project, no guarantees, and no strings attached. Just...wish, and it might come true. Give, and you might receive. And you'll have the joy of knowing you made someone's holiday special.
Stuff that costs money:
1. Bento accessories! Sauce/mayo containers, rice molds, egg molds, mini cookie cutters, food picks - as cute as possible. See some examples of stuff here and some examples of how stuff is used here
2. Cute winter hat for the kid. I adore things with ears. Or a mini-Jayne hat. EEEEIIHH.
3. Pro flickr account, as mine expires tomorrow. le sigh.
4. Nail polish. Im feeling girly lately, and I cant buy it online, because they wont ship nail polish to Alaska. I have no idea.
5. Talking of being girly - BPAL imps. Rose notes turn out like Ive been rolling around in funeral flowers. So, rose=bad. I love Unicorn, but dont have my own - would love to try anything else
Stuff that doesn't:
1. Icons - Hairspray, Chuck, Bones, solstice, tarot, pagan, anything else you think i might like..I would love some holiday fandom icons. you know, the silly ones with Santa hats and stuff
2. Fic - i love fic. Link/Tracy would make me SO HAPPY. as would Awesome/Ellie, and anything involving Awesome and Casey. Firefly, Bones, etc.
3. Homemade cookies - i love cookies
4. Music - country, broadway, humor, cheesy pop music, 80s, whatever - upload a mix or a few tracks!
5. Picspams of your current favorite fandom, including why i should love it (if i dont already), and links to fics, if possible.
Also, if you're wishlisting, could you drop a comment? I spent entirely too much time today looking through my flist trying to figure out who was playing so i could copy and paste the steps for it.
ETA: *smacks self in head*
Address (good luck stalking me):
Allison Bailey Beard
PO Box 20171
Kotlik, AK 99620